Locomotives - Past

---------------------------------------------

No. 1 "Hopewell"

Baldwin #7620 built new for the Stewartstown Railroad in 1885.

 

No. 1

(Collection Of Deane Mellander)

 

 

 

No. 1 on the High Trestle

(Oram S. Bell photo - Collection of the Stewartstown Historical Society)

 

 

---------------------------------------------

 

No. 2

Baldwin #24768 built new for Stewartstown Railroad in 1904.

 

No. 2 at Stewartstown, PA

(Oram S. Bell photo - Collection of the Stewartstown Historical Society)

 

 

 

The crew below (left to right) is: Jacob Rider, engineer; Lawrence "Rocks"

Shaw, fireman; Clarence Yost, conductor and "Peck" Hartman, brakeman.

No. 2 at the location of the present day Stewartstown station

(Collection of George M. Hart)

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

 

No. 3 (1st)

Former Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) #4017; Northern Central #17; later

New Park & Fawn Grove #1. Renovo class D-8a. Built 1888. Purchased

from the PRR 1905. Resold to the New Park & Fawn Grove 1906.

 

No. 3 (1st) at New Park, PA.

(Collection of the Stewartstown Historical Society)

 

 

---------------------------------------------

 

No. 3 (2nd)

Former Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) #1218. Renovo

class D-8a.  Built 1888. Purchased from PRR.

 

The man standing on the pilot below is believed to be the

grandson of the railroad's 1st president, James Fulton

No. 3 (2nd) at Stewartstown, PA

(Collection of Ivan E. Franz, Jr.)

 

---------------------------------------------

 

No. 4

Baldwin #40016 built new for Stewartstown Railroad in 1913

 

No. 4 at Stewartstown, PA

(Thomas Norrell Collection - Smithsonian Institution)

 

 

 

No. 4 at Stewartstown, PA

 

 

 

No. 4 and the "market car" at Stewartstown, PA

(Oram S. Bell photo - E.L. DeGolyer, Jr. photo collection of the Southern Methodist University)

 

 

---------------------------------------------

 

No. 5

No. 5 built as New Park & Fawn Grove Railroad No. 2. Baldwin #41463. Built 1914.

Acquired by Stewartstown in 1923 when it merged the New Park & Fawn Grove.

 

No. 5 following a rebuilding at the Maryland &

Pennsylvania Railroad shops in Baltimore, Maryland

(Collection of George M. Hart)

 

 

 

Baldwin builder's photo of New Park & Fawn Grove Railroad

No. 2; became Stewartstown Railroad No. 5 in 1923 after merger

(Collection of George M. Hart)

 

 

---------------------------------------------

 

 

No. 6 "Little Mo"

Fate-Root-Heath Model ML. Built new for the Stewartstown Railroad 1939.

 

No. 6 at Hungerford, PA. (1971)

(Collection of Jim Shaw)

 

 

 

No. 6 at Tolna

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

 

 

Railbus No. 7

Brill-White #21740 model 43. Built new for the Stewartstown Railroad 1923

 

Railbus No. 7

(Collection of Benjamin F.G. Kline, Jr.)

 

 

 

Railbus No. 7

(Collection of Robert H. Shaub)

 

 

 

Railbus No. 7 at the Stewartstown station (circa 1923)

(Oram S. Bell photo, Collection of Deane Mellander)

 

 

---------------------------------------------

 

 

No. 8

Fate-Root-Heath Co. #4446 model ML circa 1942. Former U.S. Army No. 7578.

Acquired from Camp Edwards, Massachusetts 1946.

 

No. 8 at New Freedom, PA. with a railfan gondola excursion, 1956

 

 

 

No. 8 at New Freedom, PA 1947

(Photo by K. P. Then, Collection of Herbert H. Harwood, Jr.)

 

 

 

RETURN

 

 

---------------------------------------------