New Park & Fawn

Grove Railroad


The New Park & Fawn Grove Railroad was an independently financed and

constructed nine mile extension from Stewartstown eastward through its

namesake towns. The line was completed in 1906 and operated as a

separate company until 1923 when it was merged with the Stewartstown

Railroad. Operations were discontinued and the line was abandoned by 1935,



The New Park & Fawn Grove Railroad headquarters

and station at New Park, PA

(Collection of Robert H. Shaub)




New Park & Fawn Grove No. 1 (later Stewartstown 1st No. 3) in front

of the New Park headquarters posed with company officials

(Collection of Mrs. Herbert Morris)




A section gang poses for their picture

(Collection of Mrs. Mary Henderson)




A mixed train headed for Stewartstown passes near Strawbridge station

(Collection of the Stewartstown Historical Society)




New Park & Fawn Grove Mogul No. 2 pauses at the

Fawn Grove Station before its run to Stewartstown

(Collection of Wilson Hostler)